Nomination – Liebster Award
Thank you to the gorgeous Martie from Living Lightley for nominating me for this award.
The Liebster Award is aimed at giving exposure to new and upcoming blogs. It is passed between bloggers to promote and encourage connection and support within the blogging community.
The Rules are as follows:
- Mention and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
- Explain the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions presented to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200* followers (this number is decided by the blogger accepting the award).
- Notify the other bloggers of your nomination (usually via twitter).
- Give your nominees 11 questions of your own to answer.
So let’s do this! Here are my answers to Martie’s questions:
What is your Holy Grail foundation and why?
I would probably have to go with Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place liquid foundation in shade Henna. It is the longest wearing foundation I have come across and never budges, smudges or transfers while still providing medium coverage. It is also water resistant and the only foundation I use when swimming.
Which nail polish brand do you prefer – Essie, OPI, Morgan Taylor, China Glaze?
I’m not really one for doing my nails but I would have to go with Morgan Taylor because I prefer the colour selection and I have never used China Glaze before.
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I was buying so many different types of makeup and had no one to share my excitement with. My friends hardly wear makeup so I felt like I was speaking a foreign language when I started rambling about new products I had bought or seen.
What is your favourite skin care product?
I would have to say the entire Freeman Mask range. No matter how I’m feeling, I just slap on one of the masks and feel better already, especially the Chocolate and Strawberry to lift my mood 🙂
Do you buy beauty products online from time to time? If so, which online stores to you buy from?
The internet is my friend so hell yes. I’ve bought from numerous stores ranging from international ones like Sigma Beauty, Blue Scandal, Gerard Cosmetics, Vivadream, iKatehouse and Kosmetik4less to local ones like Rubybox, Retailbox, 27Pinkx, Spree and Takealot.
What valuable lesson/s have you learned during your blogging journey?
Always be honest, no matter what. Even though I am not affiliated with PR companies or brands, bloggers are sometimes told what to write in their reviews so that they can continue working with them. That’s no help to end users like myself and would expect no less from someone else.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would choose to live and why?
This is a funny one because I’d like to swap with Martie in the UAE. Not only do they have a Sephora there (big selling point) but I feel my two kids would benefit growing up out of SA.
If you had to choose to give up one make-up product for a year, what would it be?
I would have to say mascara because Eylure lashes are the best.
What don’t you like about blogging?
I don’t like the way my photos turn out sometimes but I’m going to change that by buying a new camera. I feel I still have loads to learn about taking great shots to show my readers what I see.
What is your ALL time favourite book and why do you love it so?
Wow this is a hard one but I’d have to say anything written by Tami Hoag. She is a crime/thriller novelist and once I start reading one of her books, I am enraptured and have difficulty putting it down.
If you could choose any profession in the world, what would you choose to be?
A combination between a full time beauty blogger and makeup artist. Even if I didn’t make a cent, I’d be happy doing what I love. Just need to convince my husband to support my shopping tendancies.
Since most blogs don’t show the number of followers, I decided to base it on the number of Bloglovin followers instead. I nominate the following blogs with under 200 Bloglovin followers:
- Bronwyn from Mother City Mom
- Leigh from Lipgloss is my Life
- Laura Jane from Whimsy is Forever
- Chantelle from Not Another Poppie
- Candice Lee from In My Bag
- Shahnaz from Shahnaz Loves Beauty
- Zaakira from Princess of Jozi
- Rouge Beauty
- Alice from Lipgloss Is My Drug
- Prativa from Beauty Bugle
- Zakiyya from Loubi Lovers
The questions I pose to you are:
- How did you discover the world of beauty and what fascinates you most about it?
- What is your ultimate favourite makeup/skincare brand and why?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- If you could only paint your nails the same colour for the rest of your life, what colour would you choose.
- What is the most helpful tip you’ve ever received with regards to your blog?
- What is your favourite scent for a candle?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you relating to beauty?
- Name 3 high-end products you regret buying and why?
- Who is your favourite blogger and why?
- What is your best feature?
- What do you value most in life?
Thank you for your time and hope to read your answers soon.
LOTS OF LOVE
Belle BluSHH ❤